Featured Blogging Article
Why Call In Guest Bloggers?
Occasionally you will see a call go out among other blogs for guess bloggers. You may be wondering why a blogger that is trying to generate more traffic would call on a 'competitor' to contribute to his or her blog. It's a valid question. There are benefits for both bloggers in this instance but this article addresses the benefits for the original blog owner. Consider some of the benefits for bringing in the guest bloggers once your blog is established.
1. Give your readers a different point of view - Your blog is your opportunity to let others know your opinion, extol the virtues of your products, or inform the readers about things as they impact you. Allowing another view point or set of ideas allows your readers to things from a different point of view. It gives them a new way to look at things and can make a big difference in your sales. Offering a broader perspective of the products and/or services you offer to your readers may result in more sales for you.
2. Cross promotion - Not all guest bloggers offer products or services that are in direct competition with what you have to offer. In fact, the ideal guest blogger is one that offers a product that is related to what you offer but not in direct competition. This way he or she can promote products that may help your readers or at least that can build upon what you offer.
3. Reciprocation - Many times guest bloggers will return the favor and allow you to be a guest writer on their blog in the future. This allows you the opportunity to reach a wider audience than your blog may currently touch on a regular basis. More importantly, if you have a list, it allows you to reach out to new potential subscribers to your email or newsletter list.
4. Take worry free vacations from your blogging duties knowing that your blog is in good hands - The real beauty about getting guest bloggers for your blog is that they give you a little time off. You can be fairly certain that they are going to make every effort to provide quality posts that are going to inform and entertain your readers. They benefit from guest blogging in new traffic and subscribers for their blogs. This will not happen unless they do an excellent job or make a solid impact on your blog readers. Many regular bloggers schedule guest blogs during their vacations so that they do not have to pull double duty the week before and or after writing extra blog posts to make up for the lost time.
5. Giving a fresh voice to your readers - Sometimes it's simply nice to offer your readers a new "voice" to listen to. After you've been blogging for a while on one topic you may feel as though you're beginning to run out of things to say or new ways to present the same old information. Guest bloggers have a different way of wording things so that even if they are restating something you've said before it will sound fresh and new to your readers.
The next time you need a break, want to give your readers a little something extra, or just feel as though you need a change of perspective for a day or two, consider putting a call out for guest bloggers.