Featured Virtual Real Estate Article
Steps To Follow While Buying And Selling Domains
Buying and selling of domains has become one of prime sectors of the global internet businesses turnover. Buyers and sellers of domains are transacting unhindered in secure as well as unsecured environments. If you are in any way concerned with the internet and business related to it, it would be beneficial to gain an understanding into the various steps involved in the different transactions that take place during buying and selling of domains.
- The domain should be selected on keywords that are search engine friendly and that are not barred by search engines. It should also appeal to webmasters and visitors.
- The domain extensions should be of right choice. They should not be too vague and unfamiliar. Normally domain tags such as .com and .net are highly preferable.
- The domain should be thoroughly checked for identifying the index levels of the domain names. The domain URL should be thoroughly checked to ensure that the domain is free from any association with prohibited content.
- The domain links should also be thoroughly checked to ensure that it was not blacklisted by search engines or relevant sites.
- The domain name should be most relevant to the business. Ideally the domain name should replicate the relevance of the business.
- Domain names should not be too long as shorter names will be easier for website visitors to remember.
- The domain names should be duly selected by choosing those, which does not clash with any of the existing businesses or websites.
- If the domain is being resold, one should ensure to check if the title of the domain is clear in all past sale deeds.
- The buyer should get the owner's name changed in the domain registrar records and own all the passwords to privileged access links and FTPs.
- The price of the domain name should be determined in order to fix a reasonable price or this can also be done by getting the domain appraised by a third party.
A specific HTML page is to be created for advertising the domain name sale. Most of the domain registrars offer this service for free or for very little fees.
- The URL is to be submitted to various search engines to increase the web traffic to the domains.
- WHOIS information is to be duly updated by intimating that the domain is for sale. This will also help the domain seller to get good number of offers from buyers.
- If the regular listing of the sale of the domain name is not yielding any result or attracting buyers, one should seek an expert's advice.
- The domain should not be left unattended; the web page hosted should be up to date to prove that it is a serious deal.
- One should provide available web and search engine ranking reports on the advertising web page.
- Each and every tender should be duly responded without any hesitation, even if the price is not up to the mark.
- One should sign a non competence clause to prove oneself as a serious seller.
- One should understand and ensure that the buyer will be using the website within the necessary legal framework.
Knowing what steps to take while dealing with domain sale can help you take necessary precautions, transact securely and benefit to the maximum possible extent.